Monday, December 27, 2010

The Year that was: 2010


3 trips to remember
Beauty of Mountains: Shimla What a break it was indeed, after a grueling schedule of shuttling between Panipat and Delhi. It came as a breather, staying in shimla for 3 days, roaming around like crazy, a great dine and a lil old wine, and all this with 2 of my best friends.



Catch the future: Bhubaneswar: Business at its best. A summit that attracted intellectuals, investors, government bodies and investment seekers- A great recipe for future.



Back to roots: Telanwali After a long time, the whole family was together on the occasion of Diwali. Laughter were left loose again, memory lanes were visited, sweets were on every menu, farmhouse visits, cricket at farmhouse and an unusual guest. All the more fun, all the more folks.


3 Books that left an impression
A Brief History of Time- Stephen Hawkings (Science)
Rich Dad, Poor Dad- Robert T Kiyoski (Business, Finance)
Twilight- Stephenie Meyer (Love Story, drama, Thriller)


3 People who met and are there
Pankaj Chaudhary: My teacher for my CAT prep and now a colleague. Nice to get back in touch with Pankaj. But this time, as a friend, not as a teacher. A great, down to the earth personality with expertise knowledge in his area. We are jelling well with lots of fun around.

Mr Ramachander, T.I.M.E. Delhi A very creative, helpful person. Played a big time role in setting up my business. BTW yet to meet him in person.

Tanvi ‘cutie pie’: Friendly, tension free, ready to jump for new things and a girl with unparallel devotion to her work. You will never feel bored in her company. A good friend.
An extended list
My Christmas Gift: Too early to comment anything.



3 incidents that still scare me
Brand Factory: Bought a new T-shirt from a mall and was wearing it for the first time. A few praises and a few likings. But this girl (a friend of mine with whom I just started spending some time) had no effect of this t-shirt. It became a routine wear. And then suddenly one day, when I was wearing this T-shirt for nth time, the small logo which was hidden near cuff area was visible. “PUMA, Oh my god. Wow. Nice T-shirt yaar” screams the girl. Last time I met the brand factory.

Finals of Badminton
Intra College Badminton championship was going on. I was playing really well and semi-finals in no time (both categories single and double). And then it struck. Fever. Lasted for three long days. I got my matches shifted to the extent possible. Finally had to withdraw from Singles. Thought of giving a try at Double where you can still play with your mind and your partner’s strengths. BTW got two Red Bulls as well, so relying on that strength as well. But due to too much of shifting, my semi-final and final of doubles were on the same day. Two Red bulls lasted only for two sets of Semis. In final, we were beaten like hell. We were no match for opposition. My legs were not moving at all. A bizarre ending to a long and almost everyday badminton practice.

3 Days’ torture
From dad’s warnings to mom’s emotional atayachar, 3 days were really hard to pass when they threatened me to marry. Was being called from Panipat on a note of unprecedented love. As soon as I unpacked my bags, a bomb blasted “Tomorrow we are gonna see a girl. Get ready at 9AM.” I was dead. Mere sab friends ki gaaliyan asar dikha rhi thi. I know how it was to avoid it all for threeeeee long days of my stay.

I would remember this year as a transition phase to business life. Liminal phase I must call it.

1 comment:

  1. I know i usually like anything thats logical.. but believe you me .. this piece is straight from your heart.. i knew a couple and learnt a few more :) .. But this one was interesting read.

    Happy New Year and Best of Luck for 2011.

    Bikash

    ReplyDelete